Zombies Ate My Neighbors
On our latest episode, we leave the point-and-click adventure genre, but keep it ’93. As you’ll see from our next episode, that’s gonna be a theme. Ben and I had a ton of fun replaying Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
This game was tough! What’s more, it’s difficult to find a way to play it without a Super Nintendo or Wii. With all these difficulties, we had to call in the big guns: our first guest, Michael Conrad!
Mike was kind enough to try to recollect the smell of the madeleines in the Lucas Arts office as we reminisced about testing this game back when we were kids.
Also, give it a listen to find out what game we’re playing next month (hint, next episode will drop on 5/4/16).
As always, you can find the podcast in these places:
Listen here or play it below.
- That book we keep mentioning is Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts by Rob Smith, and it’s a fantastic overview of the history of LucasArts with thousands of stories and illustrations. I always learn something new every time I open it up.
- Correction: what we called a T-51 is actually a T-16 Skyhopper. Someday we’ll get that one right.
- Jason’s beer was a clone of Zombie Dust by 3 Floyds and his song was “The Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett.
- Ben’s beer was 10 Barrel Brewing’s Apocalypse IPA and his song was “Hotel California” by
- Wow. We went pretty hoppy on this episode, didn’t we?