No ‘90s game for us this month! Nope. This month we play the brand spanking new Thimbleweed Park! It only came out a month ago, so we’re getting on this train pretty early. From the creative minds of Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick (Maniac Mansion & Monkey Island), this kickstarted game was a blast from the past. A delight to play a new game that plays like a revamped click-and-pointer from the early days of LucasArts. Hope you had a chance to play the game. Here we go…
After a quick intro to the game, we dig into some of the recent history of Thimbleweed Park at 3:00, then we deeply dive into the gameplay at 11:00. After that we play a friendly match of “What’s The Beer? What’s The Song?” at 36:00, and we visit our old friend, Chuck The Plant at 43:30 and pick next month’s game at 47:00. Then we end things with some steamy LucasArts fanfic from our marketing supervisor (thanks Patreon patrons!) at 51:30, as well as a brand new segment we’ve lovingly entitled Recommendation Station at 54:45. We hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for downloading and listening, we always love to get your feedback, so feel free to leave us a review and rating in the podcast listening software of your choice.
Also, if you have a minute, feel free to check out our Patreon video over at:
And thanks again to all of our fantastic patrons who’ve already jumped in. We sincerely appreciate each of you!
Also check out what our Friends of Low Moral Fiber are posting about here: www.FOLMF.com. And give it a listen to find out what game we’re playing next month.
As always, you can find the podcast in these places:
- Jason’s beer was Westy 12 (I KNOW!!!!) and his song was “HUMBLE.” by Kendrick Lamar
- Ben’s beer was Dogfish Head’s 120 Minute IPA and his song was “All My Life” by the Foo Fighters
- Interviews with Ron Gilbert:
- Jason’s recommendation: The Dollop
- Ben’s recommendation: D&D Starter Set
- That weird theatre thing that Ben and Jason did….yeah, that’s from this: SuperEgo: M asks Bond, “How British am I?”