The Curse of Monkey Island
Ep 37: The Curse of Monkey Island – I Moved My Mouse All The Eff Over That Coat
We’re back to our Monkey Island-ing ways in the third of the Monkey Island epic pentalogy, and while it’s a bit of a departure from Ron Gilbert’s first 2 games, it’s more of the same for us as we welcome back Corrigan Vaughan to the podcast to discuss all of her piratey adventures along the way!
We get into the background and making of the game at the top, then welcome Corrigan onto the podcast for a lengthy discussion of the gameplay (15:30). After that, Corri stays on the pod for a classic round of “What’s The Beer? What’s The Song?” (43:30), and to chat about what else we’ve been playing and what we’re playing next month (52:15)!
Thanks again to Corrigan for joining us on the show this month! Looking forward to having her on again…next month! Stay tuned!
Also, give it a listen to find out what game we’re playing next month.
As always, you can find the podcast in these places:
Listen here or play it below.
- That book we keep mentioning is Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts by Rob Smith, and it’s a fantastic overview of the history of LucasArts with thousands of stories and illustrations. I always learn something new every time I open it up.
- Check out what else Corrigan is up to over on Twitter
- Corrigan’s beer was Southern Comfort and her song was “Killer Klowns (From Outer Space)” by The Dickies
- Jason’s beer was Citra Slice by Community and his song was “A Pirate I Was Meant To Be” by the Barbary Coast
- Ben’s beer was The Blue Whale (in-game cocktail) and his song was “If Only” by Goldfinger