Star Wars – Shadows of the Empire
We’re moving onto a new operating system in this episode as we eye a whole new era of nostalgia. This time we’re talking all about the N64 Star Wars classic 1996 Shadows of the Empire! The boys played this game like crazy back in the 90s and find it a treat to revisit. Hopefully you got a chance to do the same!
After the intros they get into the history of game (4:00), then the gameplay (21:30). Then of course they play a delicious round of “What’s The Beer? What’s The Song?” (32:30), and introduce a new segment: “What Else We Playing?” (39:30). They end things talking about next month’s game and other outro stuff (43:30).
Also, give it a listen to find out what game we’re playing next month.
As always, you can find the podcast in these places:
Listen here or play it below.
- That book we keep mentioning is Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts by Rob Smith, and it’s a fantastic overview of the history of LucasArts with thousands of stories and illustrations. I always learn something new every time I open it up.
- Jason’s beer was Boddingtons and his song was “Super Bon Bon” by Soul Coughing
- Ben’s beer was Russian River’s Consecration and his song was “Pray For Me” by The Weeknd and KDot from the Black Panther soundtrack
- Thanks again to Nick for setting up KSCUM.com. So cool.
- Thimbleweed Park cleaning up at the Aggies
- Max (from Sam and Max) can be found in Mos Eisley as a floating challenge point
- Gamasutra article by Mark Haigh-Hutchinson on the making-of